I received this memo, but I’m skeptical. It makes sense, but I’ll believe it when I see it.
Unification Church World Mission Headquarters
13F Dowon Bldg., Dohwa 2 dong Mapo-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 121-728
Tel: (82-2) 3275-4200 Fax: (82-2) 3275-4220 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref. No. WMH 2012-140
To : Regional Presidents, National Messiahs, National Leaders
From : Unification Church World Mission Headquarters
Date : 10.02 by the Heavenly Calendar (November 15, 2012)
Re. : Foundation Day Physical Blessing
May God and True Parents’ blessings and love be with all regions, mission nations and providential organizations.
A hundred-plus days are left until 01.13 by the heavenly calendar in the 4th year of Cheon-gi (February 22, 2012), Day, which is the day of hope for God and humankind. Foundation Day is the day marking the substantial start of Cheon Il Guk, God’s nation which will be directly governed by God. It is also the day when all blessed families can receive the tremendous grace of being reborn as children of the True Parents of Heaven, Earth and Humankind, and registered as citizens of Cheon Il Guk. All this has been made possible through the emergence of the True Parents of Heaven, Earth and Humankind who are God’s substantial body.
The True Parents of Heaven, Earth and Humankind said (this year, on 06.13 by the heavenly calendar) that blessed families must *convert their right of ownership* and graduate from the servant position to the position of child of True Parents. Until this historic moment, members have offered jeongseong and special offerings from the servants position, as part of God’s providence of restoration. As of Foundation Day, the worldwide membership will stand in the position of sons and daughters of the True Parents of Heaven, Earth and Humankind. Instead of serving parents from a servant’s position, parents are finally able to love their children fully, including on the external level. Until now the True Parents of Heaven, Earth and Humankind have only been able to give spiritual blessings. With the coming of Foundation Day, physical blessings can also be showered on their children. This represents the liberation of God’s heart of love for his children, and is the internal foundation for the establishment of God’s nation.
The True Parents of Heaven, Earth and Humankind today declare that the era of jeongseong and special offerings is coming to a victorious conclusion. With the establishment of the substantial beginning of Cheon Il Guk, God and True Parents are finally able to love their children freely. True Parents wish to further announce that they will give a physical blessing in the form of a gift to each member, as an expression of parental love, and in gratitude for years of sacrifice that the members have endured. Throughout the years the True Family has lived with physical blessings and abundance, including material things of fine quality. Most members have lived simply, sacrificing on a physical level. This was necessary for restoration, but with the victory of Foundation Day, this course has ended, and parents can freely give to their children in every way that their hearts desire.
The True Parents of Heaven, Earth and Humankind would like to stress that this is not merely a gift of money to the members. It is a heartfelt expression of true parental heart embodied in a physical blessing to their children. In order for restoration to be complete, both physical and spiritual are required. Foundation Day opens the era of spiritual and physical blessings. True Parents would also like to take this opportunity to thank the world wide membership for faithfully walking the course of restoration hand-in-hand with them. This gift is an expression of their appreciation and love.
In order to be registered on Foundation Day and take part in the spiritual and physical Blessing, all members must receive True Parents’ gift. This is an expression of parental heart, which liberates God’s heart to love and care for his children freely, as He desires. Please take part in this grace.
1. Name of Gift: “Physical Blessing Gift from True Parents to the Worldwide Membership”
2. Gift amount for each family:
- US $13,000 will be given to each tithing family (with a member of at least 13 years) in good standing in Korea and Japan, and $3,100 to each non-tithing family (with a member of at least 3 years) in good standing, as defined by the respective headquarters. True Parents would like to express their heartfelt gratitude especially for the unselfish sacrifice of the Japanese members in particular over the course of many years.
- Tithing families in North America 1 and 2, Europe (Western Europe), Oceania (Australia and New Zealand), Asia (Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia) with a member of at least 13 years in good standing will receive $1,300, and each non-tithing family with a member of at least 3 years in good standing will receive $310.
- In all other regions and nations tithing families with a member of at least 13 years in good standing will receive $130, and each non-tithing family with a member of at least 3 years in good standing will receive $31. True Parents realize these amounts are small, but they fulfill certain providential numbers in connection with Foundation Day. There will of course be more gifts in the future, and some of these will not need to be differentiated by country.
3. How to receive the gift
Each national headquarters should update its membership list so that it reflects the standards outlined above. When the membership list has been fully updated, the list should be sent (with notification that its updating is complete) to the World Mission Headquarters (see note below). Each regional headquarters should coordinate with the national headquarters in that region to accomplish this task.
4. Deadline for notification that list updating is complete: 12.28 by the heavenly calendar in the 3rd year of Cheon-gi (February 8, 2013). If possible True Parents would like to make their gifts to the worldwide membership before Foundation Day.
5. Specific instructions regarding the disbursement of funds to national headquarters for immediate distribution to the worldwide membership will be given at a later date. All members who do not currently have a bank account are encouraged to open one.
6. Administrative matters:
Please send lists of eligible members for the “Physical Blessing Gift from True Parents to the Worldwide Membership” by e-mail, or to the above FAX.
True Parents have promised that this is the first of many such gifts. Parents naturally want to share what they have with their children.
World Mission Headquarters